Vector Illustrated Portrait

Pre-Production
For this project, we did a vector portrait of an image of our choice. I did my 12-year-old dog, Roxy. We had to choose between either organic or low poly. Organic is just using the pen tool and not making definitive shapes. Low poly is only triangles covering the entire picture. I chose to do Low Poly because I liked the way it looked.
Production
While working on it, I had to stay after a lot because I was leaving to go on spring break the day it was due. Other than that, it was pretty fun to work on it. I learned that organization is key and to stay on task and not get distracted as well. After I had all the triangles ready, the easiest part was coloring it all the triangles, which we just had to use the eyedropper tool and select the triangle you needed to fill in.
Post-Production
This was a fun project to do. I liked using my dog cause that way I can immortalize her, but in a cool way. It turned out a lot better than I thought it did as well. I would definitely do this again with someone else.

Comments

Popular Posts