Video Semester Final Blog Post

Video this year was a lot better than last year. We did more projects involved with the school and focused on convergence this semester. We did projects like having to do an interview about someone of our choice. My group did an ONW cheerleader and her experiences with cheerleading. That wasn't one of my favorite projects. We also did one where we had to do an advance features piece which was we had to choose a topic about something at or in the school. My group chose to do yearbook, which we had to interview two people. They both did great and so did my group, but I didn't really like this one as much. The very first video we did as a small group was we chose an ONW procedure that Mrs. Zimmerli gave us. Then we brainstormed about what that idea looked like and then went out an do it. My group did "How To Checkout A Book" and it was fun. I thought we did pretty good. But probably my favorite-but not my best-video we did all year was the "Self-Portrait" video. At first, it was hard for me to think of what to do to show the class. Most people just gave a tour of their house, playing with their dog, playing a game of some kind, or even doing archery. But I decided I wasn't going to do any of that. I did the most outlandish thing I could've done. I played my Launchpad. I did a song called Poison by Martin Garrix. A Launchpad is a 64 pad drum machine that you can make music on using a program called Ableton. I didn't make it, I used it from a YouTuber who plays the Launchpad named Kaskobi. He is really good and I really liked the song and the light show that went with it. That was my favorite video to make. I made a few mistakes, but I'm human. This semester was fun, but next semester we're moving to the entertainment side of Video, which is what I'm excited for.

Comments

Popular Posts